A hearty bowl of soup full of cosiness and vegetable nutrition. Easy to make lunch option which is healthy and flavourful combination of veggies, greens and legumes. Customize to your taste!
- 1 yellow onion, large
- 2 carrots, medium
- 1 parsley root or parsnip, small
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 can butter beans (250 g)
- 1 can brown lentils (250 g) - can swap for another can of beans
- 1 bunch of kale/cavolo nero cca 200 g
- 1.5 liter vegetable stock
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper, other herbs to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- for serving: chopped parsley, freshly cracked black pepper, vegan parmesan optional
- Prep your veggies: peel onion, carrot, parsley, garlic. Finely chop the onion and garlic, dice carrots and parsley.
- Warm up the olive oil in a big pot, add your onion, saute till translucent, then add garlic, carrot, parlsey and continue sauteing on medium heat with a pinch of salt.
- In the meantime peel and chop potatoes. Add potatoes and drained beans and lentils to the pot and mix well.
- Thoroughly wash and chop your kale removing the thick stems.
- Add the spices, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast to the pot. Stir everything and cover with vegetable stock. Keep on the medium heat, once starts simmering reduce the heat, add the kale, cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes till all the vegetables are soft.
- Check for seasoning and add more salt/pepper/herbs if needed. The soup should be quite thick. Serve in a bowl topped with fresh parsley, black pepper and vegan parmesan or extra nutritional yeast to taste. Get cosy and enjoy!
You can make a lazy version of veg stock with organic stock cubes and some leftover veggies/herbs/a handful of dried mushrooms. Feel free to use any veggies, greens and legumes you would like in your soup - sweet potatoes, chickpeas, celery etc. The recipe indicates canned beans/lentils but you can use cooked ones of course. You can also use frozen veggies (spinach, peas, carrot etc).