Soy glazed tofu
Vegan evergreen! This is my favourite and super easy preparation of tofu. Can be used as a snack or topping for salads, noodles, wraps, roasted veggies, buddha bowls.
- 200 g Extra firm tofu (plain or smoked) (small block)
- oil for frying
- 1-2 tsp soy sauce
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from your tofu without breaking the block, pat with paper towels and chop into small cubes or dice
- Heat the non-stick pan with a touch of oil and fry your tofu on medium-high heat till golden, stirring a couple of times.
- Turn off the heat and pour in 1-2 tsp of soy sauce, stir well. Soy sauce will caramelize nicely. You can also add raw sunflower seeds when frying tofu if prepping a salad topping.
- Sprinkle on the top of your salad or add to other dishes of your choice. Your tofu will never taste boring again!